Kevin E. Slaughter
Kevin Slaughter is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group. He focuses on representing clients in complex commercial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, financing agreements, joint ventures, private offerings, supply/service agreements, distribution agreements, development and licensing agreements, and manufacturing agreements. Kevin has particular experience representing Fortune 500 companies in middle market transactions.
Additionally, Kevin is a go-to attorney for clients in the cannabis industry, advising them on a range of issues including license applications, corporate governance and funding. He also assists cannabis clients with organizational structure, real estate matters, branding and licensing agreements and supply agreements.
Clients appreciate Kevin’s practical advice, his effective communication skills, and his knack for problem-solving. Relying on his extensive experience and strong interpersonal skills, Kevin has achieved exceptional results for his clients. Above all, he listens to his clients to understand their needs, goals, and objectives. Kevin earns their trust and confidence by employing an analytical yet pragmatic approach that is centered around accomplishing the business objectives of his clients in a responsive, efficient, and effective manner.
In 2018, Kevin was recognized as a “Notable Minority Lawyer” by Crain’s Chicago Business.
+1 312 476 7527
Education & Admissions
- University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business, Executive Management Certificate
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D.
- Hampton University, B.A., magna cum laude
- Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Committee, Board Member
- Chicago United, Leaders Council
- Economic Club
- Executives Club of Chicago, New Leaders Circle
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Muslim Bar Association of Chicago, Board Member
- Airport Minority Advisory Council
- Boy Scouts of America, Pathway To Adventure Council, Vice President, Legal
- "Notable Minority Lawyers" list, Crain's Chicago Business, 2018
- “Men of Excellence" award, Chicago Defender, 2013
- "Business Leaders Champion" award, Chicago United, 2010
What are the top three attributes of your best clients?
1. They include me as a part of the “team”.
2. They are led by “good people” who value integrity.
3. They love what they do.
What’s one thing someone would be surprised to know about you?
I once weighed 285 pounds.
What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?
Slow down and enjoy the journey.
August 10, 2022
How Businesses Can Proactively Respond to Inflation and Economic UncertaintyRead More
March 09, 2022
LP Partner Kevin Slaughter Offers Insights on Cannabis M&A Activity in Crain’s Roundtable on Cannabis ConsolidationRead More
February 09, 2022
Two More States – New York and Mississippi – Have Expanded the Scope of Cannabis UseRead More
May 26, 2021
As More Businesses Enter the Cannabis Market, What Is the Preferred Business Model?Read More
January 25, 2021