A one-stop shop to help navigate contract review, collections, governance, and more.
The Community Association Group at LP has been a recognized leader in the area of homeowner and condominium association law for over three decades. A one-stop shop for community associations, we help solve business problems from A to Z, including contract review, collections, employment issues, litigation, and governance advice. We also advise community associations on compliance with Illinois law. Our attorneys are also experienced with issues related to potential condominium deconversions.
Our attorneys have particular skill when representing newly formed homeowner associations through the turnover from developer to unit owner control, including developer negotiation and litigation. Among the services we provide are:
- Contract review
- Condominium declaration, rules, and amendment preparation
- Cooperative bylaws and proprietary lease drafts and amendments
- Associations’ major repair program structures and documentation collections
- Construction litigation and real estate acquisitions
- Condominium property licenses
- Cable television contract negotiations
- Labor law matters
- Declaration and rule enforcement
- Condominium and homeowners’ association loan documentation and negotiation with lending institutions
- Collections and foreclosures matters
LP is pleased to provide you with a version of the Illinois Condominium Property Act and the Common Interest Community Association Act, current through January 1, 2022.
For a video tutorial on using our client extranet, please click here.Meet Our Practice Group
“[Y]our knowledge and guidance on several hot button topics was spot on. We appreciate your insight and I wanted to reaffirm what a pleasure it was to work with you.” —Community Association client
August 10, 2022
How Businesses Can Proactively Respond to Inflation and Economic UncertaintyRead More
July 27, 2022