Brian K. Kozminski
Brian Kozminski is a partner in LP’s Real Estate Group, a member of the firm’s Executive Committee, and chair of the firm’s Professional Development Committee. Brian represents developers, owners, landlords and tenants of office, senior housing, industrial, hotel, medical office, multifamily, and retail properties. He served two four-year terms as an elected trustee in the Village of Northfield, Illinois. He serves as Midwest counsel for sophisticated out of state clients.
Brian was recognized individually in the 2012-2021 editions of Chambers USA in the area of Real Estate: Illinois. Chambers noted that, according to his clients, Brian's strengths are "his quick response and turnaround times, quality drafting and solid negotiating skills." In the 2019 edition of Chambers USA, the publication quoted a client who said "both his lease drafting skills and in-person lease negotiation skills are some of the best I have ever seen."
Brian has represented landlords in Chicago and nationwide. Brian represented the landlord for Kraft Heinz and Motorola Solutions' moves to downtown Chicago. Brian has also represented retail owners in negotiations with retailers such as REI, Target, Starbucks, and Kohl's. Brian took a significant lease from term sheet to full execution in 8 days to meet a public company end of quarter deadline.
Brian has taught a high level Practicing Law Institute class on real estate purchase and sale agreements and has taught classes for Law Seminars International on lease operating expenses. He has also taught classes at REIT Conferences.
Brian advises clients on vertical subdivisions and condominium structuring. Brian is a member of the Economic Club of Chicago. In the Village of Northfield, he served as Chair of the Preliminary Plan Review Committee and as a member of the Long Term Financial Planning Committee and the Zoning Board of Appeals.
+1 312 476 7530
Education & Admissions
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D.
- University of Illinois, Political Science, B.A.
- Economic Club of Chicago
- United Way of the North Shore, Past Board Secretary
- Former Member of the Northwest Municipal Conference Transportation Committee
- Board of Advisors for Catholic Charities of Chicago
- Ranked in Chambers USA, 2011-2021
- Illinois Super Lawyer - 2009-2018
- 40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch, Law Bulletin Publishing Company - 2009
- Illinois Super Lawyers - 2009 Rising Stars
- Leading Lawyer, Leading Lawyers Network
- Sweig Award For Excellence in Legal Writing - DePaul University
- American Jurisprudence Awards: Legal Writing and Products Liability - DePaul University
What is the most interesting part of your job?
I never know what questions will be thrown at me in a work day. Real Estate involves people and the places they work and live. I am often surprised by the questions I receive and very much enjoy providing solutions to the problems that my clients bring to me. My psychology classes from college are as valuable as my law degree!
What is the best compliment you ever received from a client?
Brian Kozminski: Real Time Attorney
What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
Work hard and put the client’s best interest first. Success will follow.
- Brian works with landlords, entrepreneurial developers, institutional owners of real estate, and sophisticated clients looking for Midwest representation.
“Very intelligent, calm negotiator” who “finds creative solutions that bring the parties together without diluting his client’s rights.” - Chambers USA