Jack R. O’Connor
Jack O’Connor is a partner in the firm’s Financial Services & Restructuring Group. His practice focuses on commercial restructuring, insolvency, bankruptcy, and debtor representations in and out of court. He represents creditors’ and equity committees in cases across the country, including all phases of chapter 11 reorganizations, sales, and liquidations, as well as fiduciaries administering and disposing of distressed assets.
Jack also has experience providing real estate counsel in healthy and distressed business situations, as well as representing clients in the cannabis industry.
A trusted advisor, Jack provides strategic advice that combines an attention to detail with his ability to see the big picture. He has worked with clients across a wide array of industries, including consumer goods, dine-cinema operations, IT management consulting, craft beer, cannabis, hotels and franchises, trucking, and retail.
Jack earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Illinois Chicago School of Law (formerly the John Marshall Law School) and his B.A. from the University of Iowa. Prior to joining LP, he was a partner with Sugar Felsenthal Grais & Helsinger LLP.
He has held several leadership positions with Turnaround Management Association-Global, Turnaround Management Association – Chicago/Midwest Chapter, American Bankruptcy Institute, and Illinois Legal Aid Online.
+1 312 476 7691
Education & Admissions
- University of Illinois Chicago School of Law (formerly The John Marshall Law School), J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Iowa, B.A.
- Turnaround Management Association – Global Board of Trustees 2022
- Turnaround Management Association – Chicago/Midwest Chapter Historian 2022
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Young & New Members Committee - Newsletter 2022-23
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Young & New Members Committee - Special Projects Leader 2020-22
- Turnaround Management Association Chicago/Midwest Chapter Emerging Leader Award Recipient 2018
- SuperLawers “Rising Star” 2013-21
- Leading Lawyers “Emerging Lawyer” 2017-21
What’s your favorite quote ?
Stop trying to be liked by everybody. You don’t even like everybody.
What is the most interesting part of your job?
Learning the ins and outs of my clients’ industries from them directly. Listening to and working with business owners and operators is the best way to understand their goals, and how we can realize them together.
What’s your guilty pleasure?
Chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter m&ms.