Robert D. LoPrete
Trusts & Estates
Rob is Of Counsel in the firm’s Trusts & Estates Group. He works with high-net-worth individuals and families on wealth transfer strategies, with a primary focus on addressing the goals and circumstances unique to each client. Rob also works with individual and corporate fiduciaries in complex estate and trust administrations and works with multi-generational trust structures on ongoing administration, distribution, and tax planning.
Additionally, Rob works with clients on achieving their philanthropic goals through the use of private foundations and other charitable arrangements. He also advises private foundations and other charitable organizations on ongoing administration and operations.
Rob is Fellow with the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC). ACTEC membership is based on professional reputation and expertise in the fields of trusts and estates. He is also a member of the Chicago Estate Planning Council.
In addition to his active legal practice, Rob is active in the community. He is a member of the Governing Board of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists and of the Education Committee at Steppenwolf Theatre. Rob also participates on planned giving committees for several Chicago area cultural organizations. Earlier in his career, Rob served as President of the Board of Directors of the AIDS Legal Council of Chicago and was an adjunct professor at Loyola University Chicago School of Law.
Rob earned his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School and his B.A., cum laude, from DePauw University. Before joining LP, he was a partner with Reed Smith.
+1 312 476 7713
Education & Admissions
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude
- DePauw University, B.A., cum laude
- American College of Trust and Estate Council, Fellow
- Chicago Estate Planning Council, Member
- Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, Governing Board Member
- Steppenwolf Education Committee, Member
- Illinois Super Lawyers, 2006-2021
- Leading Lawyer – Leading Lawyers Network, 2006-2018
- The Best Lawyers in America © for Tax Law and Trusts and Estates, 2015-2023