Steven Kriz to Present on LGBTQ: Estate, Financial and Legal Planning and Drafting
June 05, 2020
The number of lesbian gay bisexual transgender and queer (“LGBTQ”) clients is significant and growing. Practitioners need to understand how estate and financial planning may have to be tailored to properly serve the LGBTQ client.
- What is appropriate terminology to use (and inappropriate terminology to avoid)? What unique issues effect estate planning for this community?
- What issues affect determination of heirs under documents?
- How might medical expenses be treated?
- Issues that might arise with name changes, and more.
- Drafting and planning techniques have often not kept pace or addressed some of the unique needs of this community.
It is also important for practitioners to understand that even if a particular client is not known to be LGBTQ, that there is a likelihood of a future descendent being LGBTQ. This should be factored into the drafting and planning.
For more information and registration, please click here.