Events / Webinar
Lauren Wolven to Present in ACTEC/ALI-CLE Webinar: Managing Psychological and Legal Obstacles During the Pandemic
April 09, 2020
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM CST
Trusts & Estates Partner Lauren Wolven will be presenting in ACTEC/ALI-CLE Webinar: Avoiding a Wealth of Trouble: Managing Psychological and Legal Obstacles During the Pandemic: A Lawyer's Guide.
Why You Should Attend
COVID-19 has impacted the markets, our schools, and our families in ways that would have been unimaginable six months ago. The pandemic is causing people to experience fear, paranoia, anger, sadness, and anxiety. Attorneys are working daily with clients who may have lost significant portions of their net worth, who may be struggling to keep businesses afloat, or who are experiencing nervousness on behalf of vulnerable family members. They are also trying to figure out how to keep clients’ legal work progressing while courts are shut down, face-to-face negotiations canceled, and projects halted.
This webcast, jointly taught by a behavioral health navigation specialist and a lawyer, will discuss some of the very real and unique issues attorneys are struggling with during this unprecedented time, including how to maintain a calm demeanor with clients while managing your own emotions and those of your family members. It will also provide some practical tips and solutions for getting clients on board with some of the new approaches to legal work that you may need to put in place.
What You Will Learn
The Faculty will Discuss:
- Recognizing and managing anxiety-driven reactions and for managing your own anxiety
- Typical physical and emotional reactions
- Evidence-based practices to manage anxiety with practical tools and resources
- Creative approaches to quelling fears with clients and with families
- Legal issues created by the shelter-in-place scenario and steps the states are taking to help overcome those obstacles
- Creative tips on working around roadblocks
- Suggestions to proactively protect against litigation
- Resources available to you and your clients