Events / Levenfeld Pearlstein, LLC 2 North LaSalle Street - Suite 1300 Chicago, Illinois 60602
Practical Issues In Green Building – A Panel Discussion
April 22, 2008
The panel for Practical Issues In Green Building will discuss social and environmental benefits of building green, share a basic primer in LEED accreditation for buildings, alternatives to LEED and the advantages and disadvantages to LEED accreditation. Panelists will discuss issues such as: pollution caused by buildings, financing and incentive programs, long-term cost benefits, what is green design vs. conventional design, and the current trends in real estate and how it will affect sustainable development.
The panel will include:
- Alderman Manuel Flores, 1st Ward – *Keynote Speaker
- Mike Behm, Leopardo Construction
- Joel Freehling, ShoreBank
- Douglas Baum, Baum Realty Group
- Helen Kessler, HJKessler Associates, Inc.
- James Brusslan, Levenfeld Pearlstein, LLC