Events / Webinar
Employment Law Update: A Look Back and a Look Ahead
October 09, 2013
12:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
On Wednesday, October 9th, Levenfeld Pearlstein's Labor & Employment attorneys Peter Donati, Laura Friedel and Kenneth Kneubuhler will host our "Employment Law Update: A Look Back and a Look Ahead." This webinar program will highlight recent updates in labor and employment law and tips to keep your workplace practices current.
Topics to be discussed:
•The impact of recent Supreme Court decisions on supervisor liability and the burden of proof for retaliation claims
• Trends involving arbitration agreements: Will they prevent class claims? Should your business be using them?
• Same sex marriage: How it affects employee rights under the FMLA and benefit plans
• Recent Illinois cases involving non-compete agreements. Will your agreements be enforceable when you need them?
• New developments at the National Labor Relations Board that affect both union and non-union workplaces
• How to properly use background checks to avoid scrutiny by the EEOC and avoid violating state laws
• Current wage and hour issues, including developments involving interns and independent contractors
• Other important state law trends, including laws on concealed weapons, medical marijuana, and social media passwords