- Shelly Leonida -- What I was like in high school
- Shelly Leonida -- My professional evolution
- Shelly Leonida -- What I was looking for in a firm
Shelly L. Leonida
Director of Human Resources
2 North LaSalle Street Suite 1300
Chicago, Illinois 60602
- Shelly's Insights
- Shelly's article - The Aspiring Lateral: The Value of Recruiters
- LP's 4th Annual Chili Cookoff: My winning recipe
- LP Among Chicago’s "101 Best and Brightest Companies"
Shelly is the Director of Human Resources and is responsible for overseeing all areas of human resources and recruiting for attorneys and staff. She oversees a department that is responsible for HR policy development and administration, benefits and compensation, employee relations, and performance management.
Shelly joined LP in the spring of 2008, bringing fifteen years of experience in the legal field. After serving a federal clerkship in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, Shelly was a litigator in Chicago for several years. She then worked as an attorney recruiter, where she gained valuable insight on the Chicago legal community. Most recently, Shelly was the Director of Human Resources at Schopf & Weiss.
Shelly received her J.D., magna cum laude, from the Valparaiso University School of Law, where she was on the Executive Board of the Valparaiso University Law Review and a teaching assistant. She received her B.A., cum laude, in Political Science from DePauw University. She is a member of the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA).