Community Associations Partner Howard Dakoff will speak as a panelist in the Chicago Real Estate Professionals’ (CREP) discussion on the impact of recent changes in condominium laws. The discussion will cover various topics concerning the transition of control from a developer to an independent board of directors. The panel will elaborate on both the opportunities and challenges in a control transition process.
- Legal aspect of condominium new construction, conversions and de-conversion and its impact on developers, lender. investors and associations;
- Construction defect claims and use of Indemnity Agreements including claims against developers and GCs;
- Condominium insurance coverage and D & O liability issues;
- Developer, Management and Board of Directors governance, duties and responsibilities;
- What’s next on the Horizon –
- Legal Aspects of handicapped parking post “Chandler”;
- No smoking bans; and
- Responsible accommodations under Americans with Disabilities Act for use of medical marijuana.
For more information, click here.