LP Labor & Employment attorneys Peter Donati, Laura Friedel will be presenting 2012's FMLA Master Class, "Overcome Compliance and Employee Leave Issues." The day-long presentation, in association with the Illinois Employment Law Letter, will be held on December 4, 2012 at the University of Chicago - Gleacher Center.
Topics will include:
• The latest revisions, so you don’t risk noncompliance
• What recent FMLA court decisions really mean, so you can adjust your policies accordingly
• Why FMLA record-keeping continues to trip up even the savviest human resource managers, and effective solutions to avoid similar mistakes
• How to tame the intermittent leave and reduced schedule beasts, and put a stop to abuse and fraud• How FMLA, ADA, and state leave and workers’ comp laws overlap, so you don’t violate any statute
• What to expect when an employee’s expecting, so you can balance your business needs with her personal requirements, all within the spirit and letter of the law
• How to judge a “serious health condition” the way a real judge would, and eliminate disputes about what does and doesn’t constitute it
View the complete program brochure here.