On November 4th, 2013, LP attorney Bryan Scwartz participated in "The Entrepreneurship Thing," an interactive forum hosted by the University of Chicago's Women's Business Group and the Chicago Booth's Entrepreneurial Roundtable.
Key areas explored at "The Entrepreneurship Thing" are:
• The nuts and bolts of entrepreneurship. Get practical advice on raising money through angels, friends, and self-financing and learn the pitfalls to avoid from veteran investors and experts. Stop by the clinic for answers to your start up questions from legal, tax and accounting experts, seasoned entrepreneurs, and other small business specialists.
• Innovation – Learn about disruptive businesses in our exhibit hall. Discover how organizations such as 1871, the Social Enterprise Institute and Polsky Center can help.
• Inspiration – Gain inspiration from other entrepreneurs as you listen to their TED talk-style stories on buying a business out of bankruptcy, navigating the emotional highs and lows, and overcoming obstacles.
Who Should Attend?
1. Aspiring entrepreneurs: people interested in starting their own business or working at a new venture.
2. Entrepreneurs already in it: founders several years into their business and looking for growth strategies or solutions to specific problems.
3. Serial entrepreneurs and anyone looking to network with other thought leaders.